After the stoppage due to the pandemic for the last two years, one of the great events of the island's traditional culture returns: the Ibiza Mare Nostrum Folk Festival, which celebrates this year XXIV edition.
The Festival is organized by Federation of Dance and Popular Culture Collages of Ibiza and Formentera with the collaboration of the Insular Council of Ibiza and the five town councils of the island.
This edition is celebrated on Saturday 17 and 18 Sunday 2022 September, with traditional dance exhibitions in all the municipalities of the island. On Saturday, September 17, 2022 they are concentrated in the port of Sa Cala and the Consell de Ibiza receives the collas that participate at 12 noon in the Plenary Hall. On Sunday, September 18, there are performances in the rest of the municipalities.
Saturday 17 2022 September
The port of Sa Cala (in case of bad weather, the festival would be moved to the Sports Pavilion of the San Miguel school) hosts the following groups at 19:30 p.m.:
- Estol de Tramuntana, from Sóller (Mallorca)
- La Serrana Folkloric Group, from Piornal (Cáceres)
- Sant Isidre Folkloric Group, from Ciutadella (Menorca)
- Peña Huertana El Cuartillo (Murcia)
- Colla de Sant Rafel (Ibiza)
Sunday 18 2022 September
– 11 am in the Plaza de San Agustín: Grup Folklòric Sant Isidre de Ciutadella (Menorca) and Grup Folklòric sa Colla des Vedrà.
– 12 hours on the Paseo de ses Fonts in San Antonio: Peña Huertana El Cuartillo (Murcia) and Colla de Can Bonet.
– 12 hours in the square of Antoni Albert i Nieto, in Ibiza city: Grup Folklòric la Serrana, from Piornal (Cáceres) and folkloric group Sa Colla de Vila.
– 12:30 p.m. in the Plaza de la Iglesia de San Carlos: Grup Estol de Tramuntana, from Sóller (Mallorca) and sa Colla de Ball Pagès from Sant Carles de Peralta.
Discover popular culture and traditional dances with this great date.